Monday, July 31, 2006
WORK FOR JUSTICE!
support for Israel that fuels the violence
- Tell Congress to end all financial, diplomatic, and military aid to Israel
- Don't buy Israeli goods and tell businesses that sell Israeli goods to stop
- Support divestment from Israel
- Make sure you don't own Israeli bonds or stocks
- Get your retirement fund, union, and state and local governments to divest from Israel
- Educate yourself and then speak out against apartheid Israel and the racist ideology of Zionism
- Join a Palestinian solidarity group
- Buy Palestinian olive oil
- Work in the local peace movement(see below)
Tell the leaders of the Interfaith Council for Peace and Justice (ICPJ) to:
- Remember the first principle of interfaith unity—adherence to an ethic that shuns violence and demands justice;
- Develop "a campaign ... to encourage the [US] government to end its complicity in ... violations of human rights by suspending its military aid and arms sales to Israel, and to divest ... from all companies that manufacture or sell arms and other military hardware to Israel" as pledged in the ICPJ's resolution of May 13, 2003; and,
- Lift their restrictions on the ICPJ's Middle East Task Force.
- Make Peaceworks a truly grassroots organization with a membership empowered to actively participate in Peaceworks' decision-making process; and,
- Publicly acknowledge, and apologize for, the mistreatment of Teresa Al-Saraji and the physical assault committed by then-Peaceworks President Eric Van De Vort.
- Full equality for Arab and other non-Jewish citizens of Israel;
- An end to the Israeli occupation of East Jerusalem, Gaza, the West Bank, and the Golan Heights; and,
- The return of Palestinian refugees to their homes and property in accordance with UN General Assembly Resolution 194.